Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

560sel fader bypass problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 10:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1989 560sel
560sel fader bypass problems

.wysiwyg { PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; BACKGROUND: #f5f5ff; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN: 5px 10px 10px; FONT: 10pt verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; COLOR: #000000; PADDING-TOP: 0px } .wysiwyg A:link { COLOR: #22229c } .wysiwyg_alink { COLOR: #22229c } .wysiwyg A:visited { COLOR: #22229c } .wysiwyg_avisited { COLOR: #22229c } .wysiwyg A:hover { COLOR: #ff4400 } .wysiwyg A:active { COLOR: #ff4400 } .wysiwyg_ahover { COLOR: #ff4400 } P { MARGIN: 0px } .inlineimg { VERTICAL-ALIGN: middle } Hello.

I'm trying to put a radio in a 1989 560SEL. This car has no factory amp. I was told that if you do not bypass the fader when installing an after market radio that you can have it faded to the front and it will sound ok, have it faded to the rear and it will sound ok but if you have the fader in the center, it's not going to sound very good. I was also told that you can either run new speaker wires from the front speakers or the rear speakers and that will take care of the fader problem. I ran new wires directly from the rear speakers today and they sound amazing. The problem that I'm having now is with the front speakers. Coming out of the back of the factory radio I have a three pin connector with four wires in it. I know that these are my front speakers. The problem that I am having is that they sound awlful. I've tried running the front speakers off of the after market deck to each one of these wires several different ways. It's either the left one sounds really good and the left one sounds like crap. I'm assuming that all of the four wires are + because when I only hook a positive wire from the deck harness the speaker turns on. I really am trying to avoid running new speaker wires from the front because it just looks like it's going to be a headache. I have a total of four speakers in the front and it looks as if I need to disassemble the entire dash to get to the dash speaker. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Marc