Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Need Better Sound

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 CLK 320
Unhappy Need Better Sound

Okay here it is--I have a CLK 320 with the cassette tape player and I want to either modify add single disk (Audio 30--found one on Ebay) and add something like a dice plug and play adapter, or I saw a thread where a users (lawrdent had a 2001 430 clk) and (hightechnology had a '99 CLK 320--June 6-9 2007) had used a vw wiring harness to adapt his Alpine player (seems like a much better option) http://www.crutchfield.com/S-xIwCpkd...0cda9885&wm=cl. Trying to see if someone out there can tell me if what he did would work for me without having to do a lot of rewiring. Based on his thread I can handle what he did, just not not sure if the wiring for our vehicles is the same. Appreciate any and all help!

Last edited by bray06; 07-28-2009 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Change to spelling
Old 07-28-2009, 03:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
maybe take it to someone that knows what to do? there are shops all over the world that can tackle this. If price is an option, just order the parts up and go to town, sure it will be a learning experience, as it is not a Honda, but some people get satisfaction from doing it themselves.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 CLK 320
I do a lot of my own work. But through these forums I've found some real good advice. I've even found a possible CD repalcement for my factory casette. I read an older thread here that I'd like to research more on the possibility of replacing my HU with an Alpine (increasing my options for XM and Ipod) and leaving the speakers alone.