Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sirius subscription rates for units with traffic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 05:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sirius subscription rates for units with traffic

I have sirius for my lincoln for years. But it didn't have traffic info for the navigation system.

on a 09 GL it has sirius with traffic. Once the free six months is up, will a subscription to both sirius radio and traffic cost more than just the sirius radio?

If I have a lifetime subscription from the lincoln can I transfer that to the GL (i know there is a transfer fee) that will cover the radio and traffic or will i have to pay more for traffic?
Old 08-14-2009, 06:16 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,435 Likes on 3,152 Posts
'71 Pinto
It looks as though traffic is included in your lifetime Lincoln subscription and available on the 09 GL therefore only the transfer fee may be due. I would suggest getting confirmation direct from SIRIUS 800-869-5364 and request refund “worth” of 6-month MB sponsored subscription since this cost is factored into the GL purchase price. Given today's economy I would even push for the transfer fee to be waived to remain a subscriber.

http://www.sirius.com/traffic
Old 08-14-2009, 10:32 PM

it's a 2004 lincoln so the sirius did not have traffic capabilities.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:31 PM

on a side note concerning sirius.

I tried to get lifetime but was told by the supervisor that factory sirius units can get lifetime but it is NOT transferrable!!! Not even if the car or unit is stolen.

How absurd is that?

Oh, and no luck on refunding the 6 months of sirius service either if I get lifetime. Were you successful with that? It appears they are not pushing lifetime much anymore.

Last edited by superflysocal; 08-20-2009 at 02:34 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 05:10 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,435 Likes on 3,152 Posts
'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by superflysocal
on a side note concerning sirius.

I tried to get lifetime but was told by the supervisor that factory sirius units can get lifetime but it is NOT transferrable!!! Not even if the car or unit is stolen.

How absurd is that?

Oh, and no luck on refunding the 6 months of sirius service either if I get lifetime. Were you successful with that? It appears they are not pushing lifetime much anymore.
Check PM