Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Need Help with Stock Speakers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 04:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 c230 Kompressor
Need Help with Stock Speakers

Hey Guys, I have a 2005 c230 kompressor, and I am just not happy with my audio system, but its ok, you dont buy mercedes for the audio system. I want to upgrade every speaker in the car, but am not sure what size they all are or the location.

I'm going to change the hi's, upgrade the amp and get an after market deck, yea sounds like lots of work and money, but I figure I'm keepin this car for 10 years at least so its worth it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 08-16-2009, 09:06 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Search the W203 forum. Your questions have already been asked and answered.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:15 PM

2005 c230 Kompressor
Thanks for the help and warm reply to a newbie. If my question had been asked and information was readily available maybe I wouldnt have asked my question.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Corrolla
Originally Posted by Teddy Marcus
Thanks for the help and warm reply to a newbie. If my question had been asked and information was readily available maybe I wouldnt have asked my question.
Read all this you will find alot of info. you need,

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ts-images.html

Andy
Old 08-20-2009, 11:55 PM

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
07 TL, 05 350z, 08 MDX
go on crutchfield.com and enter in your vehicle info and it will tell you what is compatible, what sizes, etc. If you buy from them they even give you master sheets of how to install that stuff in your car. I've used them before and they are good, they don't have the best prices - but are competitive, but they do go the extra mile with service and support.
Old 08-23-2009, 05:01 PM

2005 c230 Kompressor
thank you very much Mbenz and ntwillie, the links were greatly appreciated. Im slowly going to change every speaker in the car to really boost the audio system to match the smooth ride of the car.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:16 PM

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
07 TL, 05 350z, 08 MDX
thank you very much Mbenz and ntwillie, the links were greatly appreciated. Im slowly going to change every speaker in the car to really boost the audio system to match the smooth ride of the car.
Good luck man. I have to say though, for a stock system, the factory setup in my 2006 really sounds amazing even though the locations of the speakers don't seem to be ideal, especially in the back. Even so, I'm a nut and also want to replace the speakers in my car. So far I've learned that we have front and rear door speakers, and front door tweeters (in that triangle area). I have what looks like a speaker grill on the center of the top of my dash as well but I don't know if there is anything in there, maybe a mini-sub. I'm dissapointed that they don't come with rear deck speakers.

I'm not sure if I'll go with a new speaker setup first of my ECU reflash - I really hate the lag of my car

Good luck and let me know what setup you go with. In the past I've used Pioneer Premeir and JLAudio and both sound great. I'm considering Polk this time around just because I've never had them but haven't quite made up my mind yet.
Old 08-26-2009, 03:07 AM

2005 c230 Kompressor
I think the previous owner of my car really abused the system, because if the turn the volume up half way it gets distorted badly, and the bass treble stock control is just horrible. But maybe I am just picky because all my previous cars were honda tuner cars with completely aftermarket systems, so im use to listening to every lil sound.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:43 PM

2005 C230 Kompressor
W203

Hey Guys, I have a 2005 c230 kompressor, and I am just not happy with my audio system, but its ok, you dont buy mercedes for the audio system. I want to upgrade every speaker in the car, but am not sure what size they all are or the location.

I'm going to change the hi's, upgrade the amp and get an after market deck, yea sounds like lots of work and money, but I figure I'm keepin this car for 10 years at least so its worth it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
If you are done with your speaker 'transformation' let me know how it went. I am looking to do the same thing. I have the stock system and would love to put in a small sub, but cant make up my mind. I not one to have the entire highway hear what I am listening to.