Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

New Ipod Interface Cable

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 11:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S550 / S430 / E320
New Ipod Interface Cable

I just purchased the updated cable for the existing ipod interface in my W221 that will make it charge my iphone.

Does anybody have the procedure for changing the cable?

I'm hoping I can get away with just removing the glove box, changing the cable, and then reinstalling.

Thanks
Old 08-21-2009, 12:24 PM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
ML350, Lotus Elise
you do not have to remove the glovebox. instead you remove the command (the CD drive) from the center dash. to do this you pop the lower trim panel off and remove 2 T-20screws. then pop open 2 screw covers on the top of the command and remove 2 more T-20 screws. then the entire command trim and door comes out. next unscrew 4 more T-20 and remove command. pull the command out and behind it you will find the ipod module. reach to the right and you will feel where it enters the glovebox.

just unplug the cable from the ipod module and pull out from the glovebox. then feed the new one in and hook everything back up.
Old 08-22-2009, 05:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S550 / S430 / E320
Originally Posted by rob13572468
you do not have to remove the glovebox. instead you remove the command (the CD drive) from the center dash. to do this you pop the lower trim panel off and remove 2 T-20screws. then pop open 2 screw covers on the top of the command and remove 2 more T-20 screws. then the entire command trim and door comes out. next unscrew 4 more T-20 and remove command. pull the command out and behind it you will find the ipod module. reach to the right and you will feel where it enters the glovebox.

just unplug the cable from the ipod module and pull out from the glovebox. then feed the new one in and hook everything back up.
Thanks Rob - I just finished installing it. You were correct except mine was factory installed and they taped it above the comand. Took me a while to find it because the cable seemed to double back to the glove box. I couldn't feel the end.

The cable works and my iPhone now charges when connected to the ipod interface.

Thanks again for your help.[/PHP]