Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Toggle between MB bluetooth and ear piece?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 11:29 AM
Ed.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK 350
Toggle between MB bluetooth and ear piece?

Hi Folks,

I was wondering if anyone can direct me in the right direction. I've owned my GLK 350 for a month now and absolutely adore it! I've paired my Blackberry phone with the in-car Bluetooth system and it works very well.

My question... If I am speaking to someone on speaker phone using my GLK Bluetooth and have a passenger beside me, can I switch to my ear piece for a private conversation?

This may not necessarily be a MB Bluetooth configuraton but instead, a Blackberry configuration. Nonetheless, can anyone help?

Much appreciated.
Ed.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 297 Likes on 249 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
Because of this scenario I prefer the Euro BT adapter that has a handset too. I can just lift the handset and change from hands free to privacy mode.

I'm not aware of any option at the car to disconnect an ongoing HF connection without disconnecting the call (that is on the 204 series cars). Your phone would probably have a BT menu option where you can disconnect the BT audio connection but this is a bit complicated to use while driving (also illegal for the driver in many countries).
Old 09-07-2009, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 C55, 09 E350
Have you tried holding the tel button for like 5 secs? I don't know if it disconnects the call, but I know it terminated the HF system connection. With my phone if I hit the talk button on the phone it would pick up on the phone and if I hit the button on the ear piece it would pick up there. Try holding the tel button it might turn the connection back to the phone then hit the button on the bluetooth to have it take over the phone call. Or maybe if you just hit the bluetooth button on the ear piece it will take over. I would give it a try, but I lost my ear piece some time ago.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 297 Likes on 249 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
Originally Posted by JonMBZ
Have you tried holding the tel button for like 5 secs? I don't know if it disconnects the call, but I know it terminated the HF system connection. With my phone if I hit the talk button on the phone it would pick up on the phone and if I hit the button on the ear piece it would pick up there. Try holding the tel button it might turn the connection back to the phone then hit the button on the bluetooth to have it take over the phone call. Or maybe if you just hit the bluetooth button on the ear piece it will take over. I would give it a try, but I lost my ear piece some time ago.
I think this works on a W211, I guess on your C55 too but it does not work on my 221, 212 or 204 (on the 221 I'm using a BT SAP adapter which may make it different), it does not disconnect the BT connection when not in call. I actually have never tried mid-call.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 C55, 09 E350
Makes sense I recently had a phone kit in my car and figured this out very quickly. I was wondering why I received so many questions regarding unpairing the phone I just thought it wasn't possible without ejecting the cradle. Then when I noticed how easy it was in my car I was like wtf that's it? lol I guess it doesn't work in most vehicles. I had a lady with a W211 return a cradle because she said she picked up a call from his mistress while he was in the car ha I bet he wish he knew about that button then. Lost a wife and the car and I felt bad and I waived the no electronics return policy for her ;(
Old 09-09-2009, 10:39 AM
Ed.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK 350
Thanks folks. I'm in contact with MB Technical team. Hopefully they can help as well. Will let you know what I find out... if anything.