Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Laser Jammer?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2003, 06:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 E55
Laser Jammer?

For my next trick, I plan to install a laser jammer. Choices appear to be:

Blinder M-06

Blinder M-10 Twin

Blinder M-20 Xtreme

K40 Laser Defuser Plus

LGB

I know there's one that I'm missing, but I can't find it at the moment.

I'll be running the jammer in conjunction with my V1, so I don't need radar detection or, for that matter, radar jamming (though as a federal criminal defense lawyer, I'm not real scared by the FCC regs that forbid radar jamming).

Speed Measurement Laboratories likes the M-10. See.

I haven't found anyone with any experience of the LGB, though they talk a good game.

The M-06 is available on ebay for less than $100 US.

The M-06 and LGB are always on. The M-10, which appears to be an upgrade of the M-06, is not. I suspect that the M-06 had power or heat problems. Always on (with a kill switch in the car) would be a good idea if the diodes can pump out as much light continuously as they can for short bursts.

The K40 is license plate mounted, which does not appeal to me (I'd rather put the transmitters in the grille between the license plate and the headlights for a stealthier install and so that both targets are covered).

Anybody have any experience with any of these or other laser jammers? Installation hints or tips on a W210?

Thanks,
MBMB
Old 03-04-2003, 11:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
09 C63
I've had the M10. I LOVED IT. I live in an all laser town - in fact the largest burb in the country so you can figure out the level of revenue here!

Anyhow, right now cops:0 - laser jammer:3. Yep 3 hits no lock.

I liked that the M10 was idle until the laser lit it up. Then it went active and made noise. At that ttime you shut it down and they get a reading on you. Everyone's happy - they got their reading - you escaped a ticket

I also had the K40 thingy... it sucked so bad I sold it on ebay without even installing it. Very mickey mouse.

Finally I looked at that LGB gizmo you mentioned... 1) they don't speak English (well). 2) they quote a ton of numbers - but ultimately do these mean anything? 3) who wants to mount a 40mm x 33mm aluminum wart on our beautiful cars?!

The M10 was nice and small. I had it on my M3 and mounted the transmitters in my brake duct intakes - but the Mercedes grill is PERFECT for these. Buy it and don't look back!

Peet.

P.S. I also mounted my V1 up and over the rearview mirror and then got the remote display which is mounted in the front lower corner of the windshield. This way the V1 runs dark and the remote display is in an almost - headsup location.

P.P.S. Why yes, I do have a heavy foot!
Old 03-05-2003, 12:15 AM

2002 E55
The M10 has been replaced with the M20. According to Paul, president of Pacific Rim Radar:
The M-20 X-TREME is a much improved version of the M-10 Twin. So much
improved, that the M-10 Twin has been discontinued.

The new X-TREME series has the following advantages over the old M-10 Twin:

1) It has better optics for improved sensitivity.
2) The jammer modules are smaller to better fit the smaller grill
openings on the new cars.
3) It uses better software to better jam the newest laser guns.
4) It is completely weather proof.
5) The new model uses plug-in connections to make installation much
easier.
6) It comes with a 2 year warranty.

The new M-20 is a much better product. I believe that you would be very
satisfied with it.
Given that nobody seemed to complain about how the M-10 worked, I am leaning toward the M-20.

P.S. I have my V1 remote mounted in my instrument cluster and the receiver wired in to the right of my rear view mirror:

It required the drilling of a little hole in the instrument cluster trim, but when the V1 goes off, I have signal strength and direction information right there.

(The cable from the receiver is usually tucked up under the windshield trim, but I haven't put it back since getting my windshield replaced.

P.P.S. $180 for a replacement E55 windshield with rain sensor!
Old 03-05-2003, 12:17 AM

2002 E55
It also occurred to me that an always-on radar jammer is going to be setting off people's lidar detectors all the time. That doesn't sound conducive to rapid transit.
Old 03-11-2003, 07:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
300ce
............I just had a Passport SR7 installed in my 300CE since my bo is on the way. I combined it with The ZR3 laser shifter and had the display integrated into the rear view mirror. Very nice set up for stealth appearance.SR7 LINK

ZR3 LINK

Ted
Old 03-11-2003, 07:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
300ce
............Here is a picture of the rear view mirror display of a Passport SR-1 in my CLK32K. Looks very nice, I think.

LINK

Ted
Old 11-28-2004, 02:08 AM

2005 E55, 2010 ML350
blinder transponder location

1) where do you guys have your blinder laser transponders mounted? blinder's installation guide says it should not be obstructed. Can you mount it inside the mercedes grill and recess it a bit? or does it need to poke out a bit more?

2) how did you guys run the wires from the engine compartment through the firewall to the electronic bridge (to be mounted inside the car)?