Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Audio 10 cd - Reprogramming frequencies from European to North American

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 09:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 slk32
Audio 10 cd - Reprogramming frequencies from European to North American

I have a 2002 slk32, whose audio 30 headunit recently died. So after researching here and other websites decided to go ahead and upgrade to the audio 10 cd headunit. I found one on ebay for a reasonable price. Received it yesterday and installed it very easy using the keys to remove the old unit. within 45 seconds switched out the cables and voila', I have tunes again. Seller even sent a manual which made it very easy to set up and get going.

Only problem is that I live in the US and the seller was in the US, but the headunit is programmed for European tuning. While this is not a problem for FM stations (you just have an extra 100 MHz between stations), it is a problem for tuning in AM stations (9 KHz increments vs. 10 KHz). I found a link on the audio-10.com website that provides some instructions on how to reprogram a unit from European frequencies to North American frequencies:
SETTING Alpine Becker Audio 10 CD CC Radios built for North American Market
But it is apparently for an older model headunit, as the new ones don't have a WB button.

So it appears that these headunits have the ability to be reprogrammed by pushing a series of buttons. Does anyone know the instructions to reprogram this particular head unit? I sent my seller and the folks at audio-10.com emails asking them the same question, but thought I would try here as well. My last resort will be to take it into the dealer and ask them to reprogram it using the Mercedes Star diagnostics...but I'm sure they will want to charge me about what I paid for the head unit to do that.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails Audio 10 cd - Reprogramming frequencies from European to North American-bdnrjuq-mk-kgrhqqh-dierdzeyjd6bk34k-52zg-_3.jpg  
Old 11-03-2009, 01:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 202 Likes on 180 Posts
'07 GL320CDI, '10 CL550
http://www.perfectmarketaudio.com/decode.html