Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Audio Upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 11:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 500S
Audio Upgrade

I just recently purchased my first MB, 05 500S 4matic. I am really happy with the vehicle, but like my music a bit louder. It has a single CD player and I believe 9 Bose speakers. Is there an aftermarket amplifier that is compatible with the system to give it a tad bit more power w/o losing the clarity/crispness of the sound?

I am also looking at adding sirius. I have had it in previous vehicles and have been doing w/o until I come up with a solution for my car. Dealer says they can install it for 1200+ dollars. Higher end audio shops say 500+ dollars and Best Buy can hard wire one and tape it somewhere for 150 dollars. Any suggestions or anything I should be aware of?

Thanks,
Del Dobbs
Old 12-05-2009, 10:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
obvious the dealer installed is going to look factory

the hi end shop and BBY will be the garbage stick on type...

there is a piece from navtv called the sirmb... and interfaces with the fiber optics. it is $899 not installed... so add a $2-300 on top of that... I know the place around me does it for $1199 and hides the antenna outside the vehicle where it can't be seen