Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

have Tele-aid need phone fitting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 07:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w209 Clk 55 Amg
have Tele-aid need phone fitting

Hello everyone.

i have a clk 03/04 us version with the tale aid system. I want to be able too use my mobile phone while i am in the car. Waht do i need to do so? have read a lot about it but i cant realy find something usefull.

Do i need to retrofitt a complete telephone system or is it possible to build on the factory tele aid system?

I hope someone can help me.
Old 12-12-2009, 10:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
If you are going to use the car in Germany, I won't able to be of much help to you.

If you are going to use the car in the U.S., the '03 and '04 CLKs use the same phone system - originally, an Autosense PSE and a V60 cradle and phone. I am assuming your car has never had a Mercedes phone system.

There is now a much simpler and less expensive system available - the Universal PSE, used together with the "Cradle Eliminator Cable" and a V60 puck (sometimes called a "Cradle replacer").

Post #3 at https://mbworld.org/forums/audio-ele...ml#post2788377 applies to your car; however, I have edited and updated a similar post on BenzWorld, at
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/audi...ades-plug.html (see permalink #3). BenzWorld allows updating/editing long after the post was made where MBWorld does not, so I have not updated the MBWorld post - sorry.

You do not have to install the linear amplifier, antenna switch/splitter, or voice control if you do not wish to. The phone bulletins referenced wil help you.

If your car never had a Mercedes phone system, you will have to have a dealer or independent tech version code yiur car so that it recognizes the new equipment and provides full use of it.

If your car has a system, but you simply haven't used it, or if you want to update it, the writeups to which I referred you will dal with that.

Last edited by Skylaw; 12-12-2009 at 03:21 PM.