Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

how to dismantle Climate Control...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2003, 03:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 CLK 320
how to dismantle Climate Control...

Does anyone know how to dismantle the Climate Control for a 2000 CLK (the one with the dual temperatures)?

I got as far as removing the 3 screws at the bottom but I can't seem to pry the circuit board out of the back part. It seems like its possible to use the Climate Control's faceplate only and place the back part somewhere else in the car using long wires. I was thinking of putting the face plate controls inside the ash tray area.

This way I have a free DIN spot so I can put some cool stuff in. I was thinking of an in-dash MP3/DVD player with video out with a connection to the Video-In (using a megacomm adapter) of the COMAND. The MP3/DVD player will have a video out that will display the title of the songs being played on the MP3s and play the audio through the RCA Audio in of the megacomm adapter. The MP3/DVD player will be stand-alone and can be controlled by a wireless remote control.
Old 07-22-2003, 09:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 E430 Sport
if anyone knows how to do this for a 2000 e430, i'd be interested as well. i would like to move the climate controls lower (below the comand), but its probably not possible...
Old 07-24-2003, 02:30 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2013 S350 Bluetec, 2003 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercab, 2005 SL600 Designo Silver
The climate control pops right out (on the W210 anyway)! You need the same tool to release the latching mechanism for it as the radio. The tools are available at your local dealer from what I understand.

I don't think the wiring harness will be long enough to let you relocate the controls to under the COMAND. But I agree that's where they SHOULD be.
Old 07-25-2003, 10:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 E250D
The megacomm adapter will NOT work since it's a PAL unit with RGB inputs. Better get a TV tuner and have 2 aux inputs
Old 07-26-2003, 11:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
S, GL, Escalade ESV, my shoes
Re: how to dismantle Climate Control...

I would not mess around with the OEM climate control. If that thing break, you're looking to spend a good chunk of $$ for a replacement.

I think you should get a spare one, and experiment with it.

Talking about spare one, I have one :-). If you're interested, pls let me know.

Originally posted by funky102
Does anyone know how to dismantle the Climate Control for a 2000 CLK (the one with the dual temperatures)?

I got as far as removing the 3 screws at the bottom but I can't seem to pry the circuit board out of the back part. It seems like its possible to use the Climate Control's faceplate only and place the back part somewhere else in the car using long wires. I was thinking of putting the face plate controls inside the ash tray area.

This way I have a free DIN spot so I can put some cool stuff in. I was thinking of an in-dash MP3/DVD player with video out with a connection to the Video-In (using a megacomm adapter) of the COMAND. The MP3/DVD player will have a video out that will display the title of the songs being played on the MP3s and play the audio through the RCA Audio in of the megacomm adapter. The MP3/DVD player will be stand-alone and can be controlled by a wireless remote control.