Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Is my 2006 C230 Sport Pre Wired?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 12:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes-Benz C230
Is my 2006 C230 Sport Pre Wired?

Hi there,
I am trying to find out if my vehicle is pre wired for bluetooth. I already tried talking to my local dealer service advisor but he is too "busy" to answer my question and he wants me to drop off the vehicle and keep it for a full day just to answer my question. Non-sense!!
I read on another thread that someone posted their VIN and someone else was able to answer if the vehicle was prewired. Is there someone that can help me with that?
I can tell that there is at least a black plastic tube going to the centre console. I was able to pop the little cover where the plug goes expecting to see at least a wire there but there is nothing. It is not even a bump, it is flat. Under that little cover.
Thanks!
Old 04-10-2010, 02:25 PM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
ML350, Lotus Elise
Originally Posted by lord97
Hi there,
I am trying to find out if my vehicle is pre wired for bluetooth. I already tried talking to my local dealer service advisor but he is too "busy" to answer my question and he wants me to drop off the vehicle and keep it for a full day just to answer my question. Non-sense!!
I read on another thread that someone posted their VIN and someone else was able to answer if the vehicle was prewired. Is there someone that can help me with that?
I can tell that there is at least a black plastic tube going to the centre console. I was able to pop the little cover where the plug goes expecting to see at least a wire there but there is nothing. It is not even a bump, it is flat. Under that little cover.
Thanks!
you have to remove the cover in the center console to see if you have the cables running there... check the bulliten here:

http://phdwebsite.powerpulse.cc/Phon...0C%20Coupe.pdf

look around page 17; it shows where to look... if you do not have the cables running into the console then you have no prewiring at all.. if you do have the cables then you need the whole completer kit (the UHI, compensator, switch, and contact plate)
Old 04-13-2010, 12:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 C55, 09 E350
Sure I could, it's most likely pre-wired without a hands free communication system. I have yet to see anyone with a C230 that opted for the expensive system at time of purchase. You are most likely looking around 1500 for the OEM solution. Some times it's hard to determine weather the car is pre-wired because it's not always listed on the VMI. I was able to have a phone kit installed in my car and my vin does not show pre-wiring hence the reason they probably want the car.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK350
If it is prewired, you can go to ebay and look for a kit from cellguy85. You can talk to him and he will tell you whether or not it is too difficult to install on the C.

You will not need some of the parts that some of the people on ebay sell - ie no linear compensator or antenna splitter is needed because the bluetooth module uses you telephone's antenna. Cost should be under $700 if you install it yourself.

I have no experience doing this install and I got it done in my 2008 CLK350 so I know it can be done by most folks who want to try. I just don't know how similar the install in a C is.

MBAgain