Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

COMAND cd's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2003, 11:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
COMAND cd's

In the past, I posted that Blaupunkt DX-N cd-rom's should work with our COMAND's. I have spent the past four evenings testing the Blaupunkt map 3 cd-rom in the St. Louis area. It works perfectly. They can be purchased from Blaupunkt dealers. I bought mine from Continental Imports. The entire set for the continental US and Canada is $275. Individual disks may be purchased as well. My disk was shipped promptly by US Postal Service Priority Mail.
Old 04-04-2003, 07:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Additional info

I was asked in a PM about the quality of the mapping data on the cd's and about the disks's usability.

The data is exactly the same as provided by NavTech to Bosch for the COMAND disks. This makes since because the COMAND's used in the use are DX based just like the Blaupunkt DX-N aftermarket nav unit. My disc says it is the Bosch Release 7-01. In the mapping industry this is up to date unless you are fighting a war.

The usability of the Blaupunkt disk is exactly the same as the MB OEM disk, because it is the same disk with a differnt label.

I have been told the Bosch nav system used by Audi is the same as the COMAND, and Audi disks can be used in a COMAND. I have not tested this. Caveat Emptor.

Last edited by Lynn; 04-05-2003 at 02:49 PM.
Old 04-04-2003, 08:32 PM
Super Moderator

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
Very interesting Lynn. Good info !
Old 04-05-2003, 12:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Excellent information Lynn!
Glad you didnt have to resort to backing up someone else's COMAND CDs
Old 04-07-2003, 12:59 AM

2003 C32 AMG
Re: COMAND cd's

Originally posted by Lynn
In the past, I posted that Blaupunkt DX-N cd-rom's should work with our COMAND's. I have spent the past four evenings testing the Blaupunkt map 3 cd-rom in the St. Louis area. It works perfectly. They can be purchased from Blaupunkt dealers. I bought mine from Continental Imports. The entire set for the continental US and Canada is $275. Individual disks may be purchased as well. My disk was shipped promptly by US Postal Service Priority Mail.
Just wondering, any advantage of using this over the OEM Comand discs? They seem to be around the same price.
Old 04-07-2003, 03:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Re: Re: COMAND cd's

Originally posted by TomGuy
Just wondering, any advantage of using this over the OEM Comand discs? They seem to be around the same price.
Your dealer must be giving you a good price. The Blaupunkt disks from Continental Imports are a hell of lot cheaper than any price I have found. Clair wants $137.50 per disk and my dealer is higher at about $150 per disk or almost $500 for the set.
Old 04-07-2003, 10:12 PM

2003 C32 AMG
Re: Re: Re: COMAND cd's

Originally posted by Lynn
Your dealer must be giving you a good price. The Blaupunkt disks from Continental Imports are a hell of lot cheaper than any price I have found. Clair wants $137.50 per disk and my dealer is higher at about $150 per disk or almost $500 for the set.
Last time I asked them how much the set cost, they wanted 300 something dollars. But don't know if the guy knew what he was talking about though. He didn't even know they had a set of the entire comand until he asked his manager in the back.

I heard they update the comand discs every July so it might be to your advantage to wait a few more months.