Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Harman Kardon Upgrade for W204

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 03:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB 2009 C230
Harman Kardon Upgrade for W204

I bought 2009 C230 about 6 months back so I am still a newbie to MB. It is pretty much loaded with most optional features except for the Multimedia Package and the Harman Kardon sound system (it has Audio 20).

I would like to get the Harman Kardon sound system so I spoke to the only authorized MB agent in the country (Bahrain). I asked them if this would be possible and they simply didn’t know what Harman Kardon is and basically said that this is impossible and they don’t have time to look into my question. I cannot install non-MB approved system or have any work done on the car except by this MB agent. Otherwise it would void my warranty which still has 3 years to go.

Is it true that it would be impossible to get Harman Kardon installed on the car? Or is the agent just being too lazy to score some cash and simply sent me away?

This makes me wonder about their capability to replace a Harman Kardon sound system if it goes bust under the warranty (assuming that I had it on the car already).