Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Problem with GLK media options

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 04:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK
Problem with GLK media options

Hi everyone,

My problems probably have been answered in one the the threads ... so if you know any, please give me the links

So I bought my new GLK and found out I only have 2 options: AUX or IPOD. I've called my dealer and they said they cannot help me with the USB port ?!?!?!? I guess I have to start using iTunes now but I hate it so badly. So does everyone know how to convert one of the port into a USB female port? If I can get the part at an online store can I fix it myself or do I have to bring my car to the dealer and have them fix it?

Thank you for answering my question,
MB
Old 07-17-2010, 11:31 AM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
ML350, Lotus Elise
Originally Posted by mbgirl2010
Hi everyone,

My problems probably have been answered in one the the threads ... so if you know any, please give me the links

So I bought my new GLK and found out I only have 2 options: AUX or IPOD. I've called my dealer and they said they cannot help me with the USB port ?!?!?!? I guess I have to start using iTunes now but I hate it so badly. So does everyone know how to convert one of the port into a USB female port? If I can get the part at an online store can I fix it myself or do I have to bring my car to the dealer and have them fix it?

Thank you for answering my question,
MB
It depends on which audio system you have in the vehicle and what options. first of all, is your LCD screen the 5" or 7" . secondly, does your current ipod cable have a rectangular connection point in the glovebox? if you have the connection point in the glovebox then there is an adapter cable that had the USB connection which can be purchased at parts. If your ipod cable does not have a connection point then you actually need to switch out your current ipod system for a different one (UMI or UCI) which does allow the USB cable...