Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

ML350 audio upgrade ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2003, 03:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ml350, prelude5th
Question ML350 audio upgrade ?

Hi,

Here is my questions. I bought the ML350 inspiration at a very affordable price w/ a cd changer in the cargo area. That is all for the option that I got. Now, I am looking to upgrade the on board cassette player to a single cd player b/c I am so frustrated w/ the cd changer in the cargo area. It's much more convenience to play any wanted single cd/single song at anytime right at the dash board ! I can't understand the ML350 Inspiration still stick the cassette player in the dash board for what reason nowaday ? Has anyone tried to upgrade to a single cd player yet ? Can the dealer do that work ? & what is the cost ? For a moment I just thought of buying a cd walkman w/ wired cassette adapter to play cd. But I am not sure about the wire would got stuck at the front panel lid as it is closed. Is it a problem there?

Secondly, if I want to upgrade the sound system to Bose speakers as the original option, can the dealer do it? The original Bose sound system option is around $1,200. Should I go to the dealer where I got the car to install the Bose speakers or any other solution for a good sound ?

Thank you very much for your advices & inputs

DD
Old 04-13-2003, 05:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2004 SL55, 2015 A250d, 2016 GLC250d
Re: ML350 audio upgrade ?

Originally posted by Danny D
Hi,
Secondly, if I want to upgrade the sound system to Bose speakers as the original option, can the dealer do it? The original Bose sound system option is around $1,200. Should I go to the dealer where I got the car to install the Bose speakers or any other solution for a good sound ?
DD

I think that is rather hard, the AMP is up behind the dash (on RHD vehicles behind the steering wheel, on lhd vehicles probably easier to get to) - the car would also have to have new fibre optics put in (all audio kit is connected by fibre optic ring), and new wiring loom for the speakers, new speakers etc etc

I imagine it would be much > $1200 to install it - significant amounts of labour would be involved.