Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Cheap place to get "module" for Bluetooth??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 01:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
S55 AMG
Cheap place to get "module" for Bluetooth??

I know it's prob. been posted, but where is a cheap place to get the necessary "module" for bluetooth for my 2008 MB GL450 for my iPhone 4??
Dealer asks for $500???? I'm thinking ebay, but anywhere else?

I just can't believe MB requires a module....in my M5 it just pairs with no additional components.

Also, do you need a "phone" in the cradle or just the module...thanks.
(please no "do a search" comment)

just send me a link
Old 08-31-2010, 12:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
No. Do a search. It's so easy in this case you don't even need the search tool. If I can spend the time to write up a "How-To Guide" on cell phones and make it a sticky, you can spend the minimal effort to find it. It has the information you need.

Last edited by Skylaw; 08-31-2010 at 12:57 AM.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by plastique999
I know it's prob. been posted, but where is a cheap place to get the necessary "module" for bluetooth for my 2008 MB GL450 for my iPhone 4??
Dealer asks for $500???? I'm thinking ebay, but anywhere else?

I just can't believe MB requires a module....in my M5 it just pairs with no additional components.

Also, do you need a "phone" in the cradle or just the module...thanks.
(please no "do a search" comment)

just send me a link
Thats a whole new level of lazy, besides the sticky 2 lines above your post, there is a classified section here that has tons of these modules listed for sale.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Alex1
Thats a whole new level of lazy, besides the sticky 2 lines above your post, there is a classified section here that has tons of these modules listed for sale.
Lazy doesn't begin to cover it.
Old 08-31-2010, 04:37 PM

S55 AMG
Never mind, ordered it off ebay

FYI that Sticky I did read is filled with voluminous information that is difficult to filter through to find the model and year.....

Forums are here to ask for help, and if someone asked me, I simply tell them the answer instead of doing a search or reading 1000s of words in a Sticky
Old 08-31-2010, 11:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Never mind, ordered it off ebay

FYI that Sticky I did read is filled with voluminous information that is difficult to filter through to find the model and year.....

Forums are here to ask for help, and if someone asked me, I simply tell them the answer instead of doing a search or reading 1000s of words in a Sticky
We know why the forums are here.

After you have been around for a few thousand replies, and given the same answers 50 or 60 times to the same questions, or looked up links for folks who either don't know how to search or simply won't, then see how you respond.

Try having your PMs full and your email flooded by folks wanting a personalized response, instead of reading what is already there.

See what you feel like especially after you have spent weeks assembling information, days writing it up coherently, and up to a day posting it - and folks still won't read what is there before asking someone to serve them up a personalized response.

You'll begin to understand why your approach in the initial post was so irritating. It translates to "I don't want to lift a finger to help myself, so you peons get busy for me." We have folks (who are not peons) who will do that. They are called dealerships, and they will help you out - for a fee. If you want me to do it, my fee is $400 per hour. I value my "free" time at the same rate as my paid time.

Last edited by Skylaw; 08-31-2010 at 11:58 PM.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 C55, 09 E350
Hopefully you didn't get a gen1 that won't work with your iphone. Not doing the research could end up costing you more than the 500 you would have got for the new unit with the updated software and warranty.

Trending Topics

Old 09-11-2010, 11:23 AM

S55 AMG
Skylaw I know exactly what you mean, as I am very active on the lotus and BMW forums....every day someone puts up an annoying "Is the Lotus a good daily driver?" thread....sure it is annoying, but my approach is more positive for new members - I either ignore the thread or give them a short "positive" answer.
You're statements are derogatory and unnecessary...if you don't have anything positive to say to help a new member, best to keep your mouth shut....just sayin
Old 09-11-2010, 03:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 295 Likes on 247 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
Skylaw I know exactly what you mean, as I am very active on the lotus and BMW forums....every day someone puts up an annoying "Is the Lotus a good daily driver?" thread....sure it is annoying, but my approach is more positive for new members - I either ignore the thread or give them a short "positive" answer.
You're statements are derogatory and unnecessary...if you don't have anything positive to say to help a new member, best to keep your mouth shut....just sayin
I'm a bit confused? We should be polite for new members and provide them a personal answer even if it already is available from previous posts but we do not have to be polite for those who have had all the effort and compiled the info that the rest of the members can refer to? Shouldn't you also refrain posting completely if you don't have much positive to say?

In any case my personal rule is that I have to behave politely and accept also negative comments, even off-topic, if I am placing a question and requesting help (if I want to increase the likelihood of getting good info as an answer). I cannot expect I could force a member to share his knowledge, instead I have to try to motivate experts to spend their time on my question.

If one does not like all the replies, better to ignore and wait for more. If you upset another expert, it would be likely that many others refrain helping too. Both have their freedom to choose the approach but it is the one seeking help who suffers from the wrong approach.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

if you don't have anything positive to say to help a new member, best to keep your mouth shut....just sayin
When a member, new or not, communicates an attitude such as "I don't want to lift a finger to help myself, so you peons get busy for me" - as your initial post did - they're going to hear from me about that attitude. No, I won't "keep my mouth shut." I'm just sayin'...

Last edited by Skylaw; 09-12-2010 at 03:08 PM.