Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Passport SRX installation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2003, 11:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 CL55
Passport SRX installation

I would appreciate information from anyone who has had a Passport SRX remote radar detector/laser shifter installed in a CL. First question is: does it interfere with any of the electronics, such as the Parktronic or Keyless Go systems and next can the display and control module fit in the space where the ashtray is under the pop-up cover? I have heard that some have had the control module concealed in the headliner with the display etched into the interior rear view mirror without interfering with the auto-dimming function of the mirror. Such installations require the control switch to be installed somewhere in the dash or below.
From my research, the SRX is the best remote on the market. The V1 apparently is not effective in the CL because the windshield glass has metallic coating that reduces the signal by 50%. Of course, the V1 is not at all stealthy. I am in the Boston area and would also apreciate any information on exceptional installers, as I will not entrust my new CL55 to any shops that I have been in so far.
Old 04-26-2003, 03:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce
..........this is interesting. Perharps, the following threads which you have been part of may be useful to you.

THREAD NUMBER ONE

THREAD NUMBER TWO

THREAD NUMBER THREE

Ted