Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

08 E350 Audio Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 05:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 E350 Amg Sport Package
Arrow 08 E350 Audio Questions

so i just bought an 08 E350 with the amg sport package..im a big music guy so i was disappointed to find out about how difficult it is to get anything after market. i would like to have my subs again. so heres my questions

1. does anyone know of a shop in Los Angeles that can install subs for my vehicle?

2. i hate the ipod hook up i have in my glove. one it doesn't reach anywhere.. the chord wont even reach the seat so my phone is left dangling and i dont like the idea of having to drive around with my glove box open..also the screen goes inoperable and everything has to be controlled by the commond buttons on the steering wheel..makes it very difficult to find a specific song. so my QUESTION IS..

is there an add on that works like a normal audio in where i can contrl the music via my ipod and not use the control buttons on the car?? i would be satisfied if i could just do that..i could forget about the subs if i could at least listen to my own music

3. i have the navigation but is there a way to make it play dvd's as well? or how would i get a dvd player in the car? seems like there should be an add on for that..im a new to the mercedes and love it so far but music is my passion and job so to have to drop that aspect would really disappoint me..its making me miss my 96 toyota corolla with the fading paint job lol

ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED..THANKS FOR ANYONE THAT TAKES THE TIME TO HELP ME OUT
Old 11-09-2010, 10:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
for ipod integration you could do the mobridge or navtv, I like the navtv system though with either one you will be losing the changer feature. no big deal as you still have the single slot and the ipod has more capacity than 6 cd's any day of the week.

call them 18664773336 and ask for derek and tell him that I sent ya and you are also looking for a shop in the area, which they will be able to help you with that.

as for the DVD, navtv also has a video conversion for it so you can add a video input, just select aux on the radio to listen to the source.

or you can ask him about how we do the touchscreen conversion

and last but not least... you can always look into replacing the comand with a newer comand... expensive, but it does everything aftermarket but better

oh subs.... add subs, and get the signal from the existing sub that you will disconnect
Old 11-11-2010, 06:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 E350 Amg Sport Package
ok thanks..big help man i appreciate it..how much will this run me?? and i lose the whole command center with this right? so my phone, and the whole screen thats already there?

ALSO...that subs thing seems too easy..how would you use the amp and capacitor?? so you are saying just disconnect the sub that is in there and use
that audio out to go to the subs i want to use??

oh and whats your name to tell Derek?

Last edited by KiNGDAVE84; 11-11-2010 at 06:26 AM.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
he knows me by bondo

existing factory sub wiring is input to aftermarket amplifier

cost is on their website