Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Best audio setup for a R230 (2003 SL)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2003, 09:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 SL 500
Best audio setup for a R230 (2003 SL)

What would be the best audio setup for a 2003 SL?

I would like to stick with all JL audio products. I would like to add some heavy bass and good sound all around.

I was thinking:
JL Audio 450/4, 3-way components, and a 10W3V2. Will run 300 RMS into the sub and 75x2 RMS into the 3-way components.

Please let me know what you guys think!
Old 05-30-2003, 12:31 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
CLK, ML, GL
Car Audio

Well first JL Audio makes OK subwoofers but everything else they make should be sold at a flea market. If you really want the best possible sound at a very reasonable price look into OZ Audio. They are the world record holder for overall sound, sound stage, and RTA. And as far as subwoofers go their subs are great for bass but if you really want to knock someone's socks off look into Memphis Car Audio, or Concept. Feel free to e-mail me if you need any advice on car audio, I have been in the industry for over 10 years.

Thanks

Terrence
Audio Designs
Florida
theitalianstallion@earthlink.net
305-852-7405
Old 05-30-2003, 06:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 SL 500
Re: Car Audio

Hey Buddy,
Please check your email and get back with me. I really need advise as far as what to get for under $5000 including custom work. I was looking at maybe two subs and replacing all the speakers. I want the best possible system.
Originally posted by rgiorgio
Well first JL Audio makes OK subwoofers but everything else they make should be sold at a flea market. If you really want the best possible sound at a very reasonable price look into OZ Audio. They are the world record holder for overall sound, sound stage, and RTA. And as far as subwoofers go their subs are great for bass but if you really want to knock someone's socks off look into Memphis Car Audio, or Concept. Feel free to e-mail me if you need any advice on car audio, I have been in the industry for over 10 years.

Thanks

Terrence
Audio Designs
Florida
theitalianstallion@earthlink.net
305-852-7405