Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Function descriptions required

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 08:21 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
2002 s500
Function descriptions required

Good forum members:

I am in need of explanations concerning the D2B system and its components, specifically incorporating a phone.

First the situation. I have a MY2002 S500 that recently lost all sound from the stereo system. After researching and purchasing a fibre optic (FO) connector, I removed the FO connection to the "0F0" device ("phone"), connectoring the in/out FO leads for the phone. My stereo works! hurray!

However, I have no idea what I have done. So precisely what does the "phone"/"0F0" device do? I have never used the phone provided in the car, in fact, there seems to be a blue tooth puck installed in the cradle. So the question that begs is, do I need to replace the "0F0" device with a working module to connect an outside blue tooth phone to the system, or basically, what does each component of the D2B do?

Really require some expert knowledge in this area as I am getting more confused with everything I read.