Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

How to unplug/plug fibre cable?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 12:05 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2021 GLE450
How to unplug/plug fibre cable?

I tried searching this forum and google but could not find instruction how to remove one of the orange fibre from the connector that hold two. I am installing the mercedes phone kit but need to reroute the MOST ring but could not figure out how to unplug the orange fibre cable. Next question is how to plug it back. The connector does not have the blue tab release tab. It is one where there are cables with Sound, SDAR or Tel on it. They also have 3 copper wires on the side. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2021 GLE450
I figured it out. Remove the optics fibre connector from the box connector that also house the electrical wires. Then its the blue tab as already posted in this forum.

Some notes to add for those 2007 C203 with Cell Phone prewire, HK system and Sat Radio with respect to the posted instructions dated Aug 2004.

1) Most of the cables are tied down behind the HK power amp.
2) Mine has 2 TEL vs 1 TEL and 1 TEL1. I just plugged the connector with both TEL optics cables into the MHI unit (the post flanged nut and self threading screw sizes in the instructions are incorrect. Still haven't figure out yet).
3) There is no cables for microphone array connection as its already wired or connected.
4) There is no need to access the transmission tunnel area at the front passenger seat as SDARS OUT > HU/CDC IN. Phone works after I did the Sound1 and SDARS1 reroute.
5) There is no cables or wires for the Antenna Switch so I left it out. Should be OK as posted in C55 forum since I am using my phone antenna through Bluetooth. Or maybe I don't have the Teleaid option. I did connect the antenna cables and power supply to the linear compensator since they are there.
6) Lastly the greatest thing is no need to see MB dealer for Coding. The car already coded even though it does not have the puck connector or the MHI/Linear Compensator. Maybe prewire includes coding. Perhaps thats why my A20 radio and instrument cluster has the TEL No Phone. Once all are connected correctly, the A20 shows the phone symbol.

The longest time is figuring how to get the Optic fibre connector out of the box before one see the blue tab thingy. Perhaps I was over cautious in not damaging the fibre optics.

Good luck.