Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Comand with TV (UK).. why can't I have it

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2002, 07:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Comand with TV (UK).. why can't I have it

I have just taken delivery of a 2002 ML which has Comand GPS.

The dealer and MB UK don't know when and if the TV function will be offered.

Does anyone know..?
Old 02-13-2002, 08:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2004 SL55, 2015 A250d, 2016 GLC250d
The head unit [comand] supports it. I have retrofitted TV to my CLK, my wife has a ML but wont let me deconstruct it.
MB UK said it wasnt possible to have TV or voice recognition on the CLK, so I did it, and my dealer sent the instructions back to MB UK. I think its an option now ..

Do you know if its available in Germany ?? If so, a wiring loom is available and retrofitting it is easy. If not, you will have to make up/modify a loom from another car [latter is easier]

There are pictures in the brochure of an overhead TV system in the ML, I presumed it was driven from the COMAND system aka S class, however, my dealer can not give me any info on it aswell

The other problem is where would the aerial go. In the CLK's with COMAND the aerial is in the read windscreen (there are 4 figures) - but looking at my wife's ML there is no evidence of the antenna in the rear windscreen

[see www.ibex.co.uk/mbstuff for the retrofit]

Also, voice recognition is avaialble in USA, but not as a EU option. The hole in the steering column cover (opposite the cruise control is there) already.

I imagine they need some differentiation for MY2003 :-)
Old 02-13-2002, 08:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DeConstructing Comand for TV..?

Thanks for the info Richard

I have a rusty electro-mechanical background, and I am interested to know in more detail what you actually had to do to your CLK to get TV working in my ML/2002, or where I could go to get someone to take the project on.

As for the aerial, I thought that I could get the small rear windows filmed with a dark tint, and then the aerial wires could be stuck to it.. what do you think

Last edited by Londonboy; 02-13-2002 at 09:43 AM.