Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Question re: Garage Door Opener

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2003, 11:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 Subaru Legacy GT Limited
Question re: Garage Door Opener

Cross-post from the W210 and General Discussion forums.

RE: the integrated garage door opener in the rearview mirror -- anyone know if they're compatible with "rolling code" transmitters? I popped open my garage door opener, and it looks like it's a rolling code system -- a chip, no dip switches.

For various reasons that I won't bother going into here, I haven't gotten a chance to try programming the garage door opener to see if it works...but TIA if you have any information on this.
Old 05-27-2003, 12:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
Yes it is compatible with rolling code transmitters. Please see your owner's manual for specific information for programming these.

-s-
Old 05-27-2003, 01:05 PM

Hmmm...I'll have to look again, but I thought it was kind of generic -- just general instructions to program the remote, and it only said "if it doesn't work, contact MB." (paraphrase)

Thanks, I'll just give it a shot...
Old 05-27-2003, 02:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C240 2002
Originally posted by ajchenmph
Hmmm...I'll have to look again, but I thought it was kind of generic -- just general instructions to program the remote, and it only said "if it doesn't work, contact MB." (paraphrase)

Thanks, I'll just give it a shot...
I have Genie (sp?) garage door openers which use rolling codes. On mine, I had to program the mirror control with the Genie remote and then push the button on the motor until the programming light started to blink. Then I pushed the mirror button I wanted to use to open the door (a couple of times) and everything worked.

I have both a large manual and a smaller manual that explain how to program the unit. You should read both.
Old 05-27-2003, 02:32 PM

Gotcha, thanks. Don't think it's going to work -- just got a new remote for the work garage, was hoping to program the car's remote, but I have no access to the "training" button at the garage at work! Oh well...