Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

W203 Phone completer kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 04:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 C240 4Matic
W203 Phone completer kit

Anyone know where I may be able to find this, part number "Q6820712" .

Its not avail from Mercedes anymore and I have been searching all over the net the past two days and have struck out.

Thanks.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 295 Likes on 247 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
Originally Posted by jtalbert
Anyone know where I may be able to find this, part number "Q6820712" .

Its not avail from Mercedes anymore and I have been searching all over the net the past two days and have struck out.

Thanks.
Would this be an option instead of the Q-part:
http://www.comandonline.co.uk/W203-W...ole_Parts.html

Note that the MHI/UHI connector belongs to the main kit in the Comand Online offering.
Old 07-07-2011, 07:59 AM

2004 C240 4Matic
Originally Posted by Diesel Benz
Would this be an option instead of the Q-part:
http://www.comandonline.co.uk/W203-W...ole_Parts.html

Note that the MHI/UHI connector belongs to the main kit in the Comand Online offering.
Thanks for the reply. I do have the center console component, I just need the completer kit, which includes the linear compensator which gets installed in the right hand quarter panel in the trunk. That is the tricky component to get.

I think I am going to a car radio shop that is local and have them install a third party, I think its the Argos. The dealership I bought my car from accidentally advertised my car as having complete hands free communications, so I am making them eat those words and they are cutting me a check for $900 to have this installed.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 204 Likes on 181 Posts
'07 GL320CDI, '10 CL550
Your part number works here: https://www.getmercedesparts.com/oem...des-parts.html
Old 07-07-2011, 03:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 295 Likes on 247 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
Originally Posted by jtalbert
Thanks for the reply. I do have the center console component, I just need the completer kit, which includes the linear compensator which gets installed in the right hand quarter panel in the trunk. That is the tricky component to get.

I think I am going to a car radio shop that is local and have them install a third party, I think its the Argos. The dealership I bought my car from accidentally advertised my car as having complete hands free communications, so I am making them eat those words and they are cutting me a check for $900 to have this installed.
OK, I thought the centre console parts were included in the completer kit (car specific).

You can find the compensator part number from EPC easily but are you sure you would need it? First of all, many do by-pass it because it is not needed at good network coverage. Secondly if you are going to use a BT HF adapter, you would not use the car antenna anyway (not the compensator either in that case).

The compensator is only used with BT SAP adapters and with phone specific cradles (when the phone is inserted to the cradle).
Old 07-07-2011, 03:38 PM

2004 C240 4Matic
Originally Posted by Diesel Benz
OK, I thought the centre console parts were included in the completer kit (car specific).

You can find the compensator part number from EPC easily but are you sure you would need it? First of all, many do by-pass it because it is not needed at good network coverage. Secondly if you are going to use a BT HF adapter, you would not use the car antenna anyway (not the compensator either in that case).

The compensator is only used with BT SAP adapters and with phone specific cradles (when the phone is inserted to the cradle).
I would be looking to install the V60 BT with the cradle bypass cable. I thought I read somewhere before that if you do that, you do not need the compensator, but cannot find where I may have found that. I opened my trunk today and looked in the RHR Quarter panel and did verify that I do not have the compensator.

All I am looking to do is enable bluetooth connection from my phone to the car so I can do hands free communication. Will that work with the V60 puck on a 2004? I do not want to buy it and not have it work, I did send email to wireless4MB who sells the v60 and they told me to use it I needed the completer kit which included the compensator...

Even if I need it and could find it, I think I am still going to go with the Argos. I can install the compensator kit myself and my local MB dealer quoted me 3 hours to program the command after the installation which seems a bit ridiculous.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:40 PM

2004 C240 4Matic
Originally Posted by lkchris
Thanks, I sent them an email to see if they have it, I did find one other place that listed it on their website and was told that its not available from MB anymore and its on backorder. This is a MB Dealer out of Annapolis and since they would be getting the parts from MB I really doubt they will have it. Unless they have one under 2 inches of dust that has been sitting on the shelf for a few years.
Old 07-10-2011, 07:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 C55, 09 E350
You don't need to get the completer kit from a C class and the linear compensator is for an antenna for cradled V60 phones which is useless in a bluetooth setup. You do need the PSE cable, but they are the same across the models so you can use a completer kit from another vehicle.

PSE AUTO SENSE (SYN 9266A)
COMPLETER KIT
V60 ELIMINATOR CABLE
V60 BLUETOOTH ADAPTER
Old 07-10-2011, 07:55 PM

2004 C240 4Matic
Originally Posted by JonMBZ
You don't need to get the completer kit from a C class and the linear compensator is for an antenna for cradled V60 phones which is useless in a bluetooth setup. You do need the PSE cable, but they are the same across the models so you can use a completer kit from another vehicle.

PSE AUTO SENSE (SYN 9266A)
COMPLETER KIT
V60 ELIMINATOR CABLE
V60 BLUETOOTH ADAPTER
Thanks for the info. I have an apt to get the Argos installed in my car on Wed.

I have contacted two dealers about coding the radio with the PSE and other components, One will not touch my benz because they see it as a third party product and will not code, the other quoted me three hours labor to code it, Which will be well over $300 just to code it. Then $250 for the V60 and whatever it would cost me for the PSE and cable, for $900 I can have the Argos installed and not worry about anything.