Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

2000 E320 Cd player help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 01:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Black 2000 E320 4Matic
2000 E320 Cd player help!

Hey guys I just bought my 2000 E320 4matic a couple weeks ago and when I got it the Cd player wasn't working, the radio worked however, but everytime I clicked Cd it would say "no magazine found" and when I'd go in the back and try to take out the magazine, it would be jammed. So I'm guessing its broken?
But onto the more important part, a couple days ago my dad tried to take out the Cd player and cut the 5 wires (1 brown, 1 blue, 1 black which were wires, and 2 others were orange which turned out to not be wires?)
The two orange ones are clear colored so I'm guessing they are fiber optic lines, anyway even though I rehooked the other 3 wires back and put the Cd player back the audio doesn't turn on.
So it comes to this, it looks like the audio has something to do with the Orange wires, is there a way I can get new ones? or do I have to go to Mercedes Benz?
Is the Cd player broken? Mercedes Benz told me a new unit would run me up 800$ (I live in Canada, and unfortunately everything here is more expensive compared to the states.... yeah it sucks.)
Any help and input would be a lot of help guys, thanks!

Edit: one more thing, the lighter doesn't work when I pushed it in it doesn't heat up. Is it just the fuse that's possibly burnt out? or is the lighter broken?
Old 09-23-2011, 09:08 PM

2011 C250 4-matic
The fibre optic lines must form a complete ring in order for everything to come online. If you want a CD changer then you'll need to replace those orange fibre optics (D2B cables). Unfortunately....cutting those was a big mistake. Usually the "no magazine" message indicates the changer is broken. As for the lighter...probably just a fuse if there is no power, or if the lighter isn't staying pushed in all the way, shut key off, gently pry out on the two metallic tabs in the lighter socket so it will hold the element down when it is pushed all the way in.
Old 09-23-2011, 11:16 PM

Black 2000 E320 4Matic
Hey thanks for replying, yeah I managed to get the cigarette lighter to work and I assumed that the fiber optic cable needed to be completed before the audio would work, as for the cd player being broken I am leaving that broken for now until I find one at a junk shop or one on kijiji for a good price. I went to MB dealership and they quoted me a whopping 800$'s for that stupid thing lol