Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Need Info on Navigation System

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 11:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL500
Need Info on Navigation System

I posted this in the Tech Forum, but someone suggested I post it here.

I have a 2006 SL500. I recently had to pull the CD Changer out of it and then reinstall it. After I did this my NavigationSystem quit working. Everything was done correctly in the reinstall so I know that's not the problem. After doing research I'm convinced that it can be fixed by getting into the Engineering Mode, but I've tried a bunch of codes to get into the engineering mode and none have worked.

In a thread I started about this problem a guy named eric242340 posted, "The system may need a "wake up call" using Star Diagnostic System to restart the optic ring". Whereas I wish I had the code to get into the engineering mode I would also like to understand how the Star Diagnostic System works. I know it's a shop manual on a CD or DVD, but can it also be connected to the car to perform certain functions and tests and if so what is needed to connect it to the vehicle?

Also, for anyone who has used the Star Diagnostic System, is it worth the money. I ask because I've bought two WIS programs and they stink.

Thanks in advance.