Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Steering Wheel Interphase now possible

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2003, 05:11 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
CLK, ML, GL
Steering Wheel Interphase now possible

I have a major manufacturer of interphases ready to develop one for new model Mercedes. It will integrate steering wheel controls in all Mercedes and the display in speedometer in new CLK & E class models. How many takers are there at $495.00 each? If there is not enough demand, it will not be produced. It sounds expensive but we are talking fiber optics and a lot of research & development here. I am the owner of an audio store and have put in a special request for this. If we get enough demand, it will be done. You will be able to finally change the head unit.
Old 07-11-2003, 09:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 C32
Re: Steering Wheel Interphase now possible

Originally posted by rgiorgio
I have a major manufacturer of interphases ready to develop one for new model Mercedes. It will integrate steering wheel controls in all Mercedes and the display in speedometer in new CLK & E class models. How many takers are there at $495.00 each? If there is not enough demand, it will not be produced. It sounds expensive but we are talking fiber optics and a lot of research & development here. I am the owner of an audio store and have put in a special request for this. If we get enough demand, it will be done. You will be able to finally change the head unit.
Maybe you should post some pictures?
Old 07-11-2003, 11:12 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
CLK, ML, GL
No pics yet, because it is not produced yet. We need to show there is a demand for this product first.
Old 07-11-2003, 12:36 PM

C230
I thought the communication between the buttons, head unit, and MFD were via CANBUS over copper.
Old 07-11-2003, 01:30 PM

2002 C320 Sport Wagon
INTERFACE!!!
Old 07-11-2003, 05:58 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Re: Steering Wheel Interphase now possible

Originally posted by rgiorgio
Not to burst your bubble but I believe your market is very small at that price. Considering that you'll have to get it installed and on top of that are, most likely, very limited in your selection of HUs. Doesn't sound like a viable option at all IMHO. But I do wish you good luck.
BTW, you might want to check out Alpine in Europe who supposedly have something similar for quite a bit less money.
Old 07-16-2003, 04:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Tesla Model S
Originally posted by Kal Rubinson
INTERFACE!!!