Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

01 CL55 Audio issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 02:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 CL55 AMG
01 CL55 Audio issue

As of 2 days ago, my audio has been not working, I get the display screen and the navigation works and can switch through radio stations select cassette etc, but don't get audio. The audio is amazing when it works (stock) but randomly started going out recently. I have to give it a smack and turn it off\on to get it to work, I'm thinking an audio input cable is loose in the back? Any suggestions?
Old 08-08-2012, 02:42 PM
Super Moderator

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
Sounds like something is amiss in the fiber ring (or the amp is starting to become flaky). I would suggest having it diagnosed with Mercedes Star Diagnostics.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:06 PM
alx
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 248 Likes on 214 Posts
Originally Posted by awiner
Sounds like something is amiss in the fiber ring (or the amp is starting to become flaky). I would suggest having it diagnosed with Mercedes Star Diagnostics.
You need das to diag the optical ring. Alternatively you can remove the head unit and check the connectors in the back. Your particular setup is prone to unplugging in the back as the secure connectors age and the locks break off.