Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

USED NTG4.0 comand unit install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 10:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C207 E550
USED NTG4.0 comand unit install

Hi,

i am a brand spanking new member of a MB owner, though the vehicle was used when i purchased it. I purchased it 5 days ago and am planning to retrofit it with the comand system. it is a 2011 w204 c300 4matic with 4500 miles.

I've gathered that i'll need gps antennas, the display unit, the comand unit, and a retrofit kit (fan, duct, vents etc)

I've been reading alot about retrofitting the comand on the w204. here are my questions

1: are screens and comand unit year interchangeable? as in, can i get a 2008 comand unit and a 2009 display unit and install it on my 2011 w204?

2: if i were to buy a used comand unit lets say from a salvage yard vendor, what sort of problem could i face? IE: would i need any sort of special codes to install it into my vehicle and have it running

3: I currently have the audio 20 with nav capability installed from the factory, would i still need to purchase the gps antenna?

4: is it possible to install US maps onto a UK comand unit? if so, how?

5: if i were to installed a 08 comand unit, is it possible to update the unit's software so that it is the latest?

Your help is much appreciated