Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Harmon Kardon Upgrade...After Purchase?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 10:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 ML350 Bluetec
Harmon Kardon Upgrade...After Purchase?

Looking for some advice on my 2013 ML350 Stereo. I just purchased my ML last week after weeks and weeks of the dealer trying to locate and/or order my ML. I was holding out for several options, making the location process much harder and was informed that production slots for ordering were "way out". So, I got everything I wanted on my ML...except the Harmon Kardon upgrade. I sat in the car and turned the stereo way up and convinced myself that it was OK, but now I am wondering if there is anyway to just switch out head unit to the HK or speaks and get the sound I am looking for. I don't want to go with an after market unit because I have never had luck with all the steering wheel controls and other interfaces all working when done. Any advice would be welcome.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:55 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2008 CLS 63 amg
Originally Posted by boginac
Looking for some advice on my 2013 ML350 Stereo. I just purchased my ML last week after weeks and weeks of the dealer trying to locate and/or order my ML. I was holding out for several options, making the location process much harder and was informed that production slots for ordering were "way out". So, I got everything I wanted on my ML...except the Harmon Kardon upgrade. I sat in the car and turned the stereo way up and convinced myself that it was OK, but now I am wondering if there is anyway to just switch out head unit to the HK or speaks and get the sound I am looking for. I don't want to go with an after market unit because I have never had luck with all the steering wheel controls and other interfaces all working when done. Any advice would be welcome.
If you want to buy some Harmon Kardon speakers....I will sell it for cheap. They are the factory ones from my doors....on my cls63 amg....I have upgraded to Focal 6.5 separates and co-ax for the rear doors.

I have the 4 door 6.5 inch woofers...and the front door tweeters.