Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

There has got to be an adaptor ....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 01:39 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Currently: 2019 E450 AWD, Previous: 2002 CLK55 Cab
There has got to be an adaptor ....

Hi guys,
As it turns out my Bose OEM amp, 208 820 32 02, died and I need to replace it. I picked up an Alpine MRX V70, 5 channel amp so that I can use the stock Bose speakers while also powering an upgraded subwoofer. In looking at the connection between the Bose amp and the rest of the system you see a male/female connector for the harness vice connectors for each speaker, power, ground etc. The aftermarket Alpine has posts for each of the speakers, etc. My questions are:

1) Is there an adaptor that is made by someone like PAC, e.g. http://www.pac-audio.com/productDeta...&CategoryID=28
or Axxess, etc. that will connect directly to the BOSE wire harness connector and then give me the line outs that I need to connect up to the Alpine amp?

2)If not, then I guess that it is time to go old school and get a wiring diagram, cut away the harness connector and crimp and solder in the new connectors that I will need for each of the connections on the Alpine amp, correct? Thanks in advance.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:44 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Currently: 2019 E450 AWD, Previous: 2002 CLK55 Cab
In terms of wiring diagram I found this after a search. It states that it is for the w208 body style but not specifically for the clk55 with BOSE. Can anyone tell me if it is the correct diagram for my car. Thanks.:

#47 bnz.
Almost a Member!
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: 02CLK320

Here is a complete and CORRECT list of all wires in the Amplifier plug (see attached pictures too!):

1. BROWN (big wire): Chassis Ground
2. RED with VIOLET strip (big wire): 12 Volt Ignition/Acc
3. BLUE with WHITE strip: Amp Turn-On (Remote)

INPUTS (from Headunit to Amplifier) - 8 THIN wires:

4. GREEN: + Left Front (input)
5. BROWN with GREEN strip: - Left Front (input)

6. ORANGE: + Right Front (input)
7. BROWN with ORANGE strip: - Right Front (input)

8. PINK: + Left Rear (input)
9. BROWN with PINK strip: - Left Rear (input)

10. WHITE: + Right Rear (input)
11. BROWN with WHITE strip: - Right Rear (input)

OUTPUTS (from Amplifier to Speakers) - 10 THICK wires:

12. GREEN: + Left Speaker and Tweeter in the Front side of the door (output)
13. BROWN with GREEN strip: - Left Speaker and Tweeter in the Front side of the door (output)

14. ORANGE: + Right Speaker and Tweeter in the Front side of the door (output)
15. BROWN with ORANGE strip: - Right Speaker and Tweeter in the Front side of the door (output)

16. PINK: + Left Speaker in the Back side of the door (output)
17. BROWN with PINK strip: - Left Speaker in the Back side of the door (output)

18. WHITE: + Right Speaker in the Back side of the door (output)
19. BROWN with WHITE strip: - Right Speaker in the Back side of the door (output)

20. GRAY: + Left Speaker(subwoofer) in the rear deck (output)
21. BROWN with GRAY strip: - Left Speaker(subwoofer) in the rear deck (output)

22. VIOLET: + Right Speaker(subwoofer) in the rear deck (output)
23. BROWN with VIOLET strip: - Right Speaker(subwoofer) in the rear deck (output)

All speakers have two wires: one with a strip (Negative) and one with no strip (Positive):

Attached Thumbnails

Old 05-30-2013, 01:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 293 Likes on 245 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
The numbers above are arbitrary, not the actual ones from the connector. Colours are mostly matching with the WIS wiring diagram but somehow not exactly. The WIS diagram has different speaker input (output from the head unit) and actual speaker wire colours (and I don't mean the base/base plus strip colours above where the speaker negative wire base colour is always brown with the colour strip following the positive wire colour).

The above wiring seems to come from a W208 while WIS does not have anything that would match exactly (or at least I did not find any for a W208).

You can always subscribe to WIS at Startekinfo and have a look a the wiring diagrams yourself, to be sure.