Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

COMMAND Navi-CD Backups

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2003 | 11:23 AM

C Class Sports
COMMAND Navi-CD Backups

I had no problems with using backup CDs every since I got the car two years ago.

I used them because I found the CDs get jammed in the console a lot and another CD has to be pushed in underneath to wedge the thing out.

As I need to change between 5 different CD's in Europe frequently, I also found the CDs suffered lots of ware and tear and actually couldn't use one of my originals, which is why I started using backups.

Up until last week that is! After my last service, not a single back made with CloneCD and CD-Mate worked any more. I checked the version of the unit and the firmware was April 2000. (I had them update that the other day to June 2002 version anyway).

I do have two CDs which still work and were made with CloneCD, but I can't remember if it was on the same burner or what the CloneCD settings were, as I started using CD-Mate.

Of course, the dealer claims to have done nothing. Anyone got any ideas if Benz have changed anything? or what known good CloneCD settings work.

Thanks
**** Lung