Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Problems with mCar module

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 11:34 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 1,000 Likes on 869 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
Problems with mCar module

I purchased an mCar A2M.BTI interface for my CLK550. I installed it and it works great except for one problem - the COMAND unit locks up and goes blank after about 2 minutes. The MOST bus will keep playing whatever audio was selected (iPod or Sirius), but there is no further control available. The only way to fix it is to pull fuse #64. Any ideas? Maybe it's a defective mCar unit?
Old 01-21-2014, 11:25 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 1,000 Likes on 869 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
Followup...

mCAR support did finally respond and they gave me some things to try (mostly eliminating interference from other MOST ring devices) but nothing helped. The more I thought about it, something didn't seem right. The day I installed the mCAR module, it worked for a good while as I paired my phone and played with the interface, at least 15 or 20 minutes. It was only the subsequent times when I started it up that it would lock-up the COMAND HU after a minute or two. Then I remembered that my phonebook wasn't working. I went in and unpaired and deleted BT devices from both the phoen and mCAR side, re-paird and then disallowed phonebook transfer (from my Samsung Galaxy SIII). All seems well in my testing this evening. We'll see how it behaves tomorrow.
Old 01-25-2014, 02:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML
Hi Rodney,
There are certain limitations in the COMMAND that may cause some unpredictable behavior. The HU memory is limited to 500 contacts and the names to 30 symbols in length. Please review you phonebook for long names. We filter all special characters so far.

mCAR.com