Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Bad to Ask Installer to Hook Up DVD Player so passengers can watch while I drive

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2003, 04:43 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad to Ask Installer to Hook Up DVD Player so passengers can watch while I drive

I am going to get an Alpine IVA-D900 7" dvd player tommorow. I want to get it from Hi-Fi Buys which is a chain store. The guys there are cool and they are giving me a discounted price. I want to be able for my passengers to watch DVDs while I drive. How can I ask them to install it and bypass the parking brake since it is against the law. Will they absolutely refuse or does it depend on the person doing the install. If they don't do it, would it be hard to go back and change it myself? Should I slip the installer a nice tip? Any suggestions? Thanks
Old 11-27-2003, 06:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1986 560SEL, 97 BMW 740iL
I bought a part from La Jolla Audio in SD, CA to bypass the brake and it works flawlessly. Good luck with your installation. They would probably do it as long as they know you are not going to blame them for it if you get into an accident.