Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Please Help Advice Needed! Anti Theft Alarm ML 350 2013

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 12:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 ML 350 4matic
Please Help Advice Needed! Anti Theft Alarm ML 350 2013

I bought in Dubai an ML 350. Though it is well equiped (surround camera, Driver assistant Package etc..) I did not know that Anti theft Alarm comes as an OPTION and not part of the selling package!. What Should I do?
  1. Live with it and depend only on the Immobilizer to secure my vehicle.
  2. Ask the Dealer to install it for me? And if that is not possible? Is it very important or such car is very difficult to break into?
I feel so bad I did not pay attention to that issue while purchasing as it is really bad luxury vehicle doesnt have this as a standard. Thx guys
Old 04-02-2014, 10:17 PM

2013 ML 350 4matic
Pls somebody respond.!!
Old 04-05-2014, 04:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
well there is a few ways to approach it, one live with it as they cant drive away unless they have a valid key, if they really want it they will just tow it. next will be to add an aftermarket security system such as a Viper Alarm. We use a data interface module coupled to a viper system and it talks to the vehicle via data. you can add tilt sensor, proximity sensor, glass break sensor, and if you really want... a voice module that says protected by viper stand back! - or record your own voice, vehicle protected by a pitbull terrier with AIDS... anyways with the viper system coupled to the data interface there is no legit starter kill and you will still need the key to override it. I have added a few ignition kills and basically cut the power to the ignition cylinder which can be done at the fuse box. further if it is cut there is no failsafe way, so you have to educate a customer by saying we repinned the fuse box to house this bypass, remove the fuse from here and insert below it and you will be back in business. then get it to us... there is many ways to skin the cat, especially with your vehicle. you can add a remote start module etc... unfortunately you guys might not have smartstart, which is the smartphone interface for a viper system to control the vehicle via your phone.
Old 04-20-2014, 04:24 AM

2013 ML 350 4matic
Thanks a lot Jbondox. I appreciate your comprehensive answer. ..
BTW Pitbull with AIDS...lol
Old 04-20-2014, 10:35 AM

2011 Lincoln Town Car L
No problem here...

I really don't see the problem here.

People in Dubai are so wealthy that they simply park their car and go buy a new one when they run out of fuel. I suggest leaving the keys in the ignition with the windows down, or if you have Keyless GO, leave them on top of the dash with a bright red lanyard on them.

If it gets stolen, just go buy a new one.
Old 04-20-2014, 12:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
Originally Posted by rollingtones
I really don't see the problem here.

People in Dubai are so wealthy that they simply park their car and go buy a new one when they run out of fuel. I suggest leaving the keys in the ignition with the windows down, or if you have Keyless GO, leave them on top of the dash with a bright red lanyard on them.

If it gets stolen, just go buy a new one.
^^ stereotyping ? Is that a response from all of your years of professional knowledge? How many times you been to Dubai. Live among the people? this is about the dumbest answer I have read in any topic on any forum. Benz-lover, I don't know what to say... pretty embarrassing
Old 04-20-2014, 12:19 PM

2011 Lincoln Town Car L
Happy Easter

Originally Posted by jbondox
^^ stereotyping ? Is that a response from all of your years of professional knowledge? How many times you been to Dubai. Live among the people? this is about the dumbest answer I have read in any topic on any forum. Benz-lover, I don't know what to say... pretty embarrassing
Yes, it's called HUMOR. Happy Easter. : )

Trending Topics

Old 04-25-2014, 04:30 PM

2013 ML 350 4matic
Rollingtones infact true the risk of thefts in Dubai is minimal.Yet, I am planning to ship the car to my original country (like what i usually do ) after few years of using them. This is better than buying second hand in my country cuz this will be my car which I know its history. In our Lebanon, thefts are only increasing unfortunately.
And people here are living in a good standard but it is not like they take it that easy upon thefts or insurance companies pay you on the spot.