Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

New Head Unit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 08:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1999 s320
New Head Unit

I have a 1999 s320 and my radio is just falling apart. I first used the cd player to play my music but it stopped working about 1/2 year ago, so I than bought a cassette adapter and after my purchase I found out my cassete player is broken. There are buttons falling off and it would just make more sense to me to buy a new head unit rather than spend the same amount of money on a used one for my specific model. So I was wondering if there are any newer head units out there like JVC OR Pioneer that I could buy that have auxillary inputs or usb inputs that fit my existing stereo system which is Bose. When I look on Crutchfield.com I enter my information of my car and it claims that the radio fits my car but I am unaware of wheter I need to buy wiring harnesses etc. I need to know what kind of radio to buy and what internals to buy. Thank you for your time
Old 05-08-2014, 10:32 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet
I'd call Crutchfield and talk to a sales tech. They have a very deep understanding of mods like this.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
just take it to your local professional shop, crutchfield screws up euro vehicles all the time. they tell you one thing and it is another, or it doesnt work/sound like you would think it would. Alpine over JVC and especially pioneer. cde-145bt is a great unit