Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

CLK - New map DVD - old software :-(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 09:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK - New map DVD - old software :-(

I just upgraded my nav maps from 2004.1 to 2014 v11. the disk went through the "updating software" and it seem to work fine, but I am not getting the updated software with ETA and on the front screen as was introduced as of MY2007 and on. The car is CLK500 2005 with a MSCII Comand.
Do I need a service disc or something else to get the software updated?
Thanks,
Jim
Old 05-16-2014, 03:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 316 Likes on 233 Posts
'19 E63S sedan
Originally Posted by SilverCLK
I just upgraded my nav maps from 2004.1 to 2014 v11. the disk went through the "updating software" and it seem to work fine, but I am not getting the updated software with ETA and on the front screen as was introduced as of MY2007 and on. The car is CLK500 2005 with a MSCII Comand.
Do I need a service disc or something else to get the software updated?
Thanks,
Jim
I remember my 2006 S-Class had one map update that required a firmware flash before that or subsequent map DVDs would read. I think it was around 2009 but I'm not sure. Service did the flash for free and billed it as "parts warranty" since I bought the map DVD from that dealer.

I don't know if it's the same COMAND you have but it sounds like a possible explanation.
Old 05-16-2014, 07:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=whoover;6043695]I remember my 2006 S-Class had one map update that required a firmware flash before that or subsequent map DVDs would read. I think it was around 2009 but I'm not sure. Service did the flash for free and billed it as "parts warranty" since I bought the map DVD from that dealer.

Ok, after doing some additional research i figured out that the software indeed has been updated. the reason i dont see ETA is because the previous version did not have that option and the option "no display" was selected. While being in navigation mode i had to hit one fo the softkeys, select display, map and then select ETA

sorry for the confusion. hopefully this can help others int he same situation as there seems to be a lot of confusion around this when searching the boards

Last edited by SilverCLK; 05-16-2014 at 09:02 AM.