Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Comand APS NTG 4 Iphone 5 problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 12:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes GLK 350 2012
Comand APS NTG 4 Iphone 5 problem

Hi,

I'm trying to get some definitive info on my iphone 5s's compatibility via the media interface with my command system (audio playback)

Command system is NTG 4 on a 2012 GLK (W204) The lightning adapter I purchased does not work with the system (absolutely no compatibility, APS says device incompatible)

I tried purchasing the new media interface - lightning connector cable and that also does not work. The dealer informs me there is no solution for the problem as it's a "hardware issue" and there is no software upgrade to fix it from Mercedes on this class of head unit. They also said they cannot upgrade to NTG 4.5 on a W204 as the dash is different.

Is all this correct? am I stuffed?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Old 05-24-2014, 03:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W212
Originally Posted by pyates2104
Hi,

I'm trying to get some definitive info on my iphone 5s's compatibility via the media interface with my command system (audio playback)

Command system is NTG 4 on a 2012 GLK (W204) The lightning adapter I purchased does not work with the system (absolutely no compatibility, APS says device incompatible)

I tried purchasing the new media interface - lightning connector cable and that also does not work. The dealer informs me there is no solution for the problem as it's a "hardware issue" and there is no software upgrade to fix it from Mercedes on this class of head unit. They also said they cannot upgrade to NTG 4.5 on a W204 as the dash is different.

Is all this correct? am I stuffed?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
No, can not upgrade from NTG4 to NTG4.5 on pre-facelift X204 (GLK) ...