Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Ipod/Iphone Integration or Aux Input 2004 W215

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2015, 01:21 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CL55
Ipod/Iphone Integration or Aux Input 2004 W215

I'm having trouble finding an answer to this riddle. Is there a kit I can purchase for iPhone integration without buying the bluetooth puck or a way to install the optional AUX plug that was not originally installed from the factory into the glovebox of a 2004 CL55? I've read a couple of places that people have these or have installed them but no one can tell me where to find the hardware.
Old 06-03-2015, 06:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
navtv.com has the tookimb for phone, if you want ipod control with an aux in and bluetooth phone, than get the mobridge abt piece.
Old 06-03-2015, 05:25 PM

CL55
For $999.99? There must be an easier, less expensive way. If I'm going to sink that much into the system I may as well go all out and replace everything.
Old 06-03-2015, 05:31 PM

CL55
It looks like it only works with older generation iPhones as well......

At the very least I am looking for a hard line solution that allows me to play streamed audio from my phone to the factory system. Sure, on screen control would be sweet but not necessary. I know some of these cars came with an aux port in the glove box. Mine just has a plastic cover where that should be (I also do not have the AUX button on my stereo). I am curious if there is a way to add this feature without dropping a thousand bucks. Also, FM transmitters are out of the question. I've never heard a decent one.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
hit derek@navtv.com for mostaux i have one laying around my garage...or attic... or basement storage...or somewhere in my house, just not at my desk so he would be the easiest source, just mention the forum and me, maybe he can get you free shipping or something, install isn't that bad.

just remember to turn it on after the comand boots up and off before you turn the car off. i usually use a tr7 hooked to ignition and a discreet push button that will turn off when the car turns off and on via the push button
Old 06-03-2015, 11:44 PM

CL55
I'm not sure if I have the MOST system. Can you tell by the connection running to the speakers by chance? Mine are standard speaker wire. I don't know for certain but I thought it changed on the CL mid model year to the COMMAND system.

Last edited by khutchinson22; 06-04-2015 at 12:30 AM.