Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Comand 2.0 No GPS Signal After Retrofit W209 CLK

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 06:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 W212 | 2016 W205
Comand 2.0 No GPS Signal After Retrofit W209 CLK

Hi there,

Just finished retrofitting a Comand 2.0 unit into my 2004 CLK240 here in Australia.

Everything is working great except for the GPS signal. I can't seem to get a signal from both of the antennas I have tried.

The unit knows my speed, motion and info from the cluster however it just fails to get a signal.

I have tried the antenna on the roof of the vehicle and driven around for 20 mins however it still shows 00SAT on the screen and in the diagnostics menu.

Could I be using the incorrect GPS antenna?

The one I have just tried is linked here:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/250822403...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Any help would be great
Old 08-26-2015, 08:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
What does the gps antenna look like from the original 1 or 2 farka connectors? do you have an image of the back of the comand? did yo have gps in it before? wasn't there a spliter to the factory under the passenger seat? I forget it has been so long

Also why would you upgrade from one antique to another? that is like going from 8 track to cassette or cassette to cd
Old 08-27-2015, 04:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 W212 | 2016 W205
Originally Posted by jbondox
What does the gps antenna look like from the original 1 or 2 farka connectors? do you have an image of the back of the comand? did yo have gps in it before? wasn't there a spliter to the factory under the passenger seat? I forget it has been so long

Also why would you upgrade from one antique to another? that is like going from 8 track to cassette or cassette to cd
Hi there,

I am not sure, as I purchased the Comand 2.0 unit from another seller and then replaced my Audio 10 with the unit.

No idea, I couldn't find any antenna connection behind the dash, could my car be retrofitted with the stock GPS antenna?

I want to maintain the stock look, also having everything OEM is better for resale IMO.

Cheers