Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Startec Phone Reception Issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 08:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 c280 sport
Startec Phone Reception Issue

I have integrated startec phone in my 2000 c280 sport. The phone reception when the phone is in the cradle is awful, 1-2 bars or no service, but works fine when I remove the phone from the cradle. I decide the unhook the coaxial cable connection in the center console and this made a huge difference in the reception, just as if it was out of the cradle. I assume by doing this it know defaults back to the antenna on the phone instead of the car antenna. Can anybody assist in explaining why it's so bad when it's in the cradle with the coaxial cable connected?
Is the teleaid antenna on the roof what is used for the phone also? I took a look at the compensator located in he left rear side of the trunk and I noticed there is a hookup for an antenna. Should I have another antenna somewhere for the phone?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 02-08-2004, 12:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bentley LWB, Silver Cloud III, 2002 G500,2004 LX470,73 Jag XKE, 2004 SL600, 2004LS430
If your car is still in warranty insist that they either fix it or replace it. I had a 2002 vehicle with Startac. When it developed a defect the service department stated on the repair invoice: "can't fix, Motorola no longer supports this phone". Over the ensuing two weeks, I pointed out to the service manager and then to the MB Zone rep that the phone had the name Mercedes on it and that I had a four year warranty in effect. The warranty statement did not exclude the phone, ergo, in my opinion it was covered. I now have a new V60i in my G500. End of problem.