Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Replacing stock Becker radio/nav in Sprinter? Need integration assistance.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2015, 01:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 4WD NCV3 Sprinter
Replacing stock Becker radio/nav in Sprinter? Need integration assistance.

Hi,

I have a 2015 Mercedes Sprinter which came with a Becker head unit with Navigation, backup camera, bluetooth and steering wheel control. The interface is OK but the sound quality absolutely dreadful. The head unit does not have any pre-amp outs so I am screwed. Would like to replace head unit with an Alpine ILX-700 or similar but I am struggling to figure out if I can properly integrate steering wheel controls, backup camera and bluetooth/hands free. I know there are adaptors/interfaces that can integrate steering wheel controls but have not found one that is compatible with a MB Sprinter. Any suggestions out there? I found that Metra has a adaptor/interface XSVI-9005 NAV for MB Sprinter but it is unclear based on the product info what it can integrate (stock nav only?). I don't care about the stock Nav as I have a Garmin as well as IPhione. In terms of priority I want to retain stock backup camera as well as steering wheel controls. Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Norwest
Old 11-01-2015, 07:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
Have Benchmark Audio look into it for you. They right there near Seattle
Old 11-02-2015, 02:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E320
XSVI-9005 NAV has the ASWC-1 harness pre-wired, but you still need to purchase the ASWC-1. In regards to the camera, you're going to have to use a multi-meter to determine whether the camera needs 5 or 12 volts for operation. It might be easier to remove the 3rd brake light and test things there, then look for those wires at the factory radio harness.