Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Stereo equipment in trunk?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2016, 09:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 s430
Stereo equipment in trunk?

I recently purchased a 2002 s430... Radio comes on, no sound. I did a little research and discovered the amp, etc is SUPPOSED to be in the trunk. All that is in mine are wires. Could someone please post a picture and list everything that belongs there? I would greatly appreciate it!
Old 03-10-2016, 02:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 CLS550
Send some pictures.

If the person before you installed something aftermarket you probably would have a thick red wire, blue wire, and a black wire hanging around in the trunk. The black wire would go to the chasis of the car acting as the ground wire...the red wire should be connected to the battery of your car with an inline fuse not far from the battery (that is your power), and the blue wire would run to the back of your headunit acting as your switched power wire (on when the car is turned on and off when the car key is turned to the off position).

If you find those wires in your trunk then it sounds like whomever had it before you had an aftermarket set up in the car. Bring it to an installer to check the gauge of your power wire and to check that all of the wiring is still in tact. If it is then youre setup to add probably a subwoofer and an amplifier of your own (aftermarket).

I think I covered everything .. hope it helps...
Old 03-12-2016, 06:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
Where you located at in TN? I know a few good stereo shops that I can point you to