Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Can this be repaired or should I just replace

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2016, 10:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E320 Wagon
Can this be repaired or should I just replace

I just bought a 2004 e320 wagon and the headunit has a black dot on the screen. Is there a fix for this or more of a replace? Next:
I think this is a command unit since it has navigation but no disk . If I replace it, could a newer command head unit that supports video be a plug n play?

What I want out of the head unit is connection for my phone via bluetooth and the ability to support a back up camera. If I can't get the bluetooth but could get the backup camera I could live with everything else.

So options for the future are find a plug n play stock unit (what will work?), or go aftermarket and if aftermarket the unit from AVIN looks like a good solution.

Any ideas, suggestions, knowledge or experiences with the fix, swap, or the AVIN company is appreciated.

thanks,
Old 03-10-2016, 02:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 CLS550
Looks like you got some dead pixels. I personally hate changing anything like that in a Mercedes to something aftermarket. Just replace... Found on on EBay for ya .. http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/191814540773?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true
Old 03-12-2016, 06:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
If you like the comand, then swap the screens with a donor like listed, but the comand is an antique, and lacks features, so you do have the option to replace it while maintaining the MOST optical amp and speakers