Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Adding amp/subs to W203...help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 12:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 A4 S Line
Adding amp/subs to W203...help!

First of all, my intention is to add some bass to my C230 sedan Bose system w/ Audio 10 headunit without taking up much trunk space. Ideally, I would like to avoid using the trunk at all. I'm wondering about the possibility of putting a couple 8" subs under the backseat, but have no idea if there is even enough space under there or if I could get enough air ventilation to push them. Has anyone taken out the backseat, and if so, how easy is this to do? Any other space-saving suggestions would be greatly appreciated. It has been suggested that I remove the spare tire and use that space, but I really would hate to get a flat and be stranded.

Also, I have no idea about speaker and amp specifics, like how many watts per channel an amp should have to match the speakers properly. I have my eye on these subs: http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarA...ProductID=11321
Old 03-10-2004, 08:22 AM

2000 C280 Sport
Dont think there is any way to mount 8" subs under your rear seat.......also, it would not sound very good. How about a custom built box that will mount to the side wall of your trunk? Ive seen it done in Jetta and it barely took up any space at all in the trunk, and the box housed a 12" sub which bumped real nicely.
Old 03-10-2004, 12:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 A4 S Line
Originally posted by lebomb
Dont think there is any way to mount 8" subs under your rear seat.......also, it would not sound very good. How about a custom built box that will mount to the side wall of your trunk? Ive seen it done in Jetta and it barely took up any space at all in the trunk, and the box housed a 12" sub which bumped real nicely.
Yeah...the under back seat mount was just an idea, but it definitely seems pretty unlikely based on what I've been hearing. I custom built box is probably what I'll go for as long as I can get a decent price.