Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Multimedia adapter for w203- does this allow backup camera/iPhone mirroring

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 12:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 71 Likes on 56 Posts
2007 Mercedes E550
Multimedia adapter for w203- does this allow backup camera/iPhone mirroring

Hi All; Recently upgraded my radio head unit to GPS Command. Today I found this multimedia adapter that appears to plug directly into Command and allows for RCA plugs.

Since RCA plugs are used to link your backup camera to any monitor or screen, seems like this adapter could do the magic of getting a backup camera on Command or even iPhone mirroring (i.e., with a mirroring box).

Here is the multimedia adapter on eBay plus a pic of my shiny new Command GPS
http://m.ebay.com/itm/Multimedia-Adapter-IMA-Interface-Comand-2-0-Stecker-f-Mercedes-C-W203-bis-04-04-/201336256324
Old 06-30-2016, 07:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
I don't think that would work on the USA models, I tore about a couple of the COMANDs before looking for a video in and ended up just doing an RGB video integration. Most of the USA units didn't have the video card installed. I think it was only a few of the Becker units with it.

If that works that would be great, but I wouldn't bet on it. if it doesn't just get the RGB kit from jay@navtv
Old 07-01-2016, 12:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 71 Likes on 56 Posts
2007 Mercedes E550
Originally Posted by jbondox
I don't think that would work on the USA models, I tore about a couple of the COMANDs before looking for a video in and ended up just doing an RGB video integration. Most of the USA units didn't have the video card installed. I think it was only a few of the Becker units with it.

If that works that would be great, but I wouldn't bet on it. if it doesn't just get the RGB kit from jay@navtv
Thanks for letting me know. The eBay seller isn't responding to questions. Too much risk and not proceeding with project. Command install perfect as is. T
Old 07-03-2016, 07:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
there is a DIY kit navtv used to sell, it replaces the ribbon harness so you don't have to solder on the circuit board anymore, it isn't too bad to install if you are somewhat mechanically and electronically inclined