Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Install V-1, very tight spaces?

Old 08-21-2016, 11:11 AM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
2017 C300 Coupe, 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0T
Install V-1, very tight spaces?

Would like to hardwire my V-1 into my new 2017 C300 coupe. Was considering going into the driver's side fuse box and running the wire up the A pillar, then under the ovehead liner to the V-1 I'll have on the visor. I successfully have done this kind of mount in other cars, but with the coupe I'm finding that the places where I would normally be able to "stuff" the wire, now appear to be awfully tight. I haven't tried to push the wire between the pillar and the window, yet, but would like to know if it really is doable?

Also, which fuse can I use so that the detector goes on and off with the ignition and the current won't be too high?
Old 08-21-2016, 11:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
dismantle the trim and run the wire correctly. there is no ignition in the fuse panel, go to the cig lighter... again dismantle to gain access. should be black with a blue stripe wire
Old 08-21-2016, 12:42 PM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
2017 C300 Coupe, 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0T
Originally Posted by jbondox
dismantle the trim and run the wire correctly. there is no ignition in the fuse panel, go to the cig lighter... again dismantle to gain access. should be black with a blue stripe wire
Got to say that dismantling the trim sounds like a big job. Are you saying that the dash has to be dismantled? A lot more work than simply stuffing the wire into the edges. Or, are you saying that the A pillar covering has to be popped? If so, how? But, then again, MB seems to have made those edges fit so tightly that stuffing may not be possible.

Even though there may be no ignition fuse in the driver's side fuse box, there still may be a fuse that does go on and off with the ignition, eh?