Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

2017 C63S AMG coupe Driver's side fuse box confusion-need to hard-wire radar detector

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2016, 12:49 AM

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
2017 AMG C63S Coupe
2017 C63S AMG coupe Driver's side fuse box confusion-need to hard-wire radar detector

I went to hard wire my radar detector today, and a few of the fuses seem to be missing I was planning to use, 216 "Glove box light" and 217 "Electronic Toll Collection" Spots for these are on the current fuse map diagram, there are 1/2 blanks in those spots now (appears only one side of a fuse would go in), and not sure they have any wiring connected to them. 219 and 218 above there are labeled for the airbag systems, so I'm guessing I shouldn't tap into either of those. Any advise or recommendations? Why would the glove box light slot 216 be empty? There is a globe box light but no fuse for it?

I need to find an ACC-powered fuse in that side panel to tap for my radar detector install. I suppose worst case, I could tap a fuse in the passenger footwell if I know which fuses were switched with ACC-power. Pics are attached for reference. Thanks, all!