Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

MB Quart vs. JL Audio

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2004, 10:34 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB Quart vs. JL Audio

Hello everyone. I have a 2000 E430 & I'm in the process of redoing the entire system. I will be doing 6 1/2 seperates in the front doors, 5 1/4 coax in the rear doors, & 6 1/2 coax's in the rear deck for fill w/ a single 12" sub in the trunk. I have everything figured out except for whether I should go w/ JL Audio or MB Quart's for the mids/highs. Does anyone out there have a system like this that would have some feedback. Thanks in advance.

Guillermo
Old 03-26-2004, 12:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W209
Re: MB Quart vs. JL Audio

Originally posted by guillermo
Hello everyone. I have a 2000 E430 & I'm in the process of redoing the entire system. I will be doing 6 1/2 seperates in the front doors, 5 1/4 coax in the rear doors, & 6 1/2 coax's in the rear deck for fill w/ a single 12" sub in the trunk. I have everything figured out except for whether I should go w/ JL Audio or MB Quart's for the mids/highs. Does anyone out there have a system like this that would have some feedback. Thanks in advance.

Guillermo
This would be the best setup. Use MB quarts as your components, and power those suckers with JL amps, either the E series or sash series. I would also recommend JL subs. A JL 12w6 would be perfect. If you want more bass get two. If you have money to spend then get two 13JLw6. I think the W7's are too overpriced. the w6 are just perfect.
Old 03-26-2004, 01:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a car that can't do the throttle reset.
i only use focal's, more money but really really great.
Old 03-27-2004, 07:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 E250D
I've used MB QUART's for several years and I love them. They sound the best for me in car audio. I have heard many many good things about FOCAL speakers as well.
Old 03-27-2004, 11:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W209
you want the best of the best. Get Dynaudio/.....HANDS Down. At first i said, who the heck would pay $1600 for a 3-way comps, After my friend installed it on his BMW, this blows everything away. I heard diamond, MB, focal, Image dynamcis, and by far all i can say about Dynaudio is
Old 03-29-2004, 10:07 AM

c230
i use dynaudio mk220.. it sound awesome...
really worth of the money

:p
Old 03-29-2004, 03:54 PM
Almost a Member!

CLK 430 1999
What Dynaudio car-stereo components would you recommend?

I have been in the professional audio industry for a while and know just about all there is to know about studio sound, but I have no clue about car systems. I have honestly never heard a system that sounds good. Loud - sure, but good - no.

I run Genelec studio monitors at home, and thats the kind of fidelity I'm looking for in my car.

I currently have the Bose system with the APS-IV in my CLK W208, it sounds really harsh and is lacking alot of solidness in the 80-200Hz region.

Recommendations? Anyone?

/Martin
Old 03-29-2004, 04:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W209
Originally posted by Azeteg
What Dynaudio car-stereo components would you recommend?

I have been in the professional audio industry for a while and know just about all there is to know about studio sound, but I have no clue about car systems. I have honestly never heard a system that sounds good. Loud - sure, but good - no.

I run Genelec studio monitors at home, and thats the kind of fidelity I'm looking for in my car.

I currently have the Bose system with the APS-IV in my CLK W208, it sounds really harsh and is lacking alot of solidness in the 80-200Hz region.

Recommendations? Anyone?

/Martin
I would get these. They retail for about $1600 for a set. Have superb sound, but they do need alot of power with these. They just sound sweet. My friend has this set, his midranges are soo powerful, he dosent even need a sub. I thought he had like 2 12's in the back of this trunk.

dynaudio
Old 03-29-2004, 04:20 PM
Almost a Member!

CLK 430 1999
Originally posted by BrabusClK04
I would get these. They retail for about $1600 for a set. Have superb sound, but they do need alot of power with these. They just sound sweet. My friend has this set, his midranges are soo powerful, he dosent even need a sub. I thought he had like 2 12's in the back of this trunk.

dynaudio
I've always liked the Dynaudio studio monitors, but same thing applies to them, they need their amp to sound good, since sensitivity is also very low in Dynaudio elements.

If I could have the sound of the BM-15a in my car I would be more than satisfied!

/Martin